12 June, 2009

New wheels

After what seemed like an age of waiting I've finally picked up my new wheels. Thought I'd better get a couple of pics - cos lets face it, it'll never be this clean and shiny again.

After pedalling my seemingly cast-iron Downhill MTB back and forth to work for months you might expect the ride back home from the bike shop to be a breeze on a lightweight confection of aluminium, carbon fibre and gossamer...

...doesn't work like that. Every vehicle it seems has a speed where it likes to sit, it's natural speed if you will and this bike craves being ridden harder and faster than I'm used to. I arrive elated, out of breath and suffering from those 'wobbly legs' that I haven't felt since I got back into riding seriously a couple of years ago. Dang I feel like a freshly hatched newbie again. But on the upside it must mean that once I've got a few miles under my belt I'll be getting a lot fitter too boot. I'll need to find a longer route to work - at this rate I'll be there in 10 minutes! Fucked.

Click for biggety











1 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger bigfootcookie shout your mess

Damm nice wheels dude. I had to move company to extend my ride as I was getting to work too quickly.

I agree with your "natural speed" for different bikes. My Kona had its own Goldilocks speed, not too fast and not too slow. My Spesh 29er likes it several gears higher. In fact I spin out much more often on the 29er. Time for some road bike gearing perhaps......

June 15, 2009 9:01 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home