24 August, 2011

Bullet time

Well indeed! Took a spin over to my folks two-up and it was a mainline hit of nostalgia and no mistake. From the distinctive lazy idle that clears it's throat to become an elegant throb, the gearbox that doesn't want to be rushed and the frankly dubious brakes every sense was flooded with memories. Proust can stick his madeleine.

First things first, off with the top box. There is almost inevitably a smattering of metric and imperial, glad to have the tools from working on my mini.

Much better already. Whilst I'm here I may as well whip the seat off to see how things look, maybe take a picture to have a pop at in Photoshop.

Dagnabbit! It's not until I put the saddle back on and pop the bike back in the shed that I discover the photo's a bit blurry. Arsecandles!

Labels: , , , ,