03 December, 2007

Empowered

The M Badge. For those who know what it represents it's a sign of motorsports bred excellence in a BMW. For those who don't? Well a colleague of mine thinks all M-badged cars are company vehicles for the firm which supplies our Spray Mount.

The minority of people in the world that care to know what constitutes an M car are alert to all the tiny differences that mark out the special version - the flared wheelarch, the deep-dish alloy, the particular bore of the exhaust which is a dead giveaway to the cognoscenti. And that large number of people who don't care aren't in the least impressed anyways.

So why on earth are people still buying little M badges and putting them on the back of cooking Beemers? And even putting them onto Beemers that would never get an M version in a billion years like the X3 I saw in the IKEA carpark today (the "I really really wanted an X5 but things in my life haven't quite worked out as well as I'd hoped" bimmer).

To summarise: a fake M badge on a BMW. 95% of folk don't know or care what it signifies, for the other 5% it proves that the owner is a colossal twat.

3 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger WhiteBoyBob shout your mess

Good point. Kill 'em all I say. Bwah-hah-ha-ha!

December 04, 2007 4:05 am

 
Blogger bigfootcookie shout your mess

I have seen an "M" badge on a Vauxhall Calibra. I fuck you not.

December 04, 2007 4:25 pm

 
Blogger WhiteBoyBob shout your mess

Jesus wept - what a fucking muppet!

December 05, 2007 5:17 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home