03 September, 2008

R.I.P. Snowman

Jerry Reed Hubbard - March 20 1937 – September 1 2008

An incredibly accomplished songwriter and session guitarist, his first hit 'Guitar Man' was much admired by Elvis. But you probably know him as the Snowman, the Bandit's truckdriving friend.

Not only did he star in Smokey and the Bandit, he also wrote and performed the theme 'Eastbound and Down'

Keep the pedal to the metal fella, and look out for those county mounties...

3 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger Roo shout your mess

Ok I am setting myself up for a beating here, but I rather fancied him when I was younger.

I believe you bumped into my better half this afternoon too! ;o)

September 07, 2008 8:00 pm

 
Blogger Chris shout your mess

Afternoon? How very dare you! It was the morning - pretty much the crack of dawn, when the smart shopper takes care of business...

September 08, 2008 7:58 am

 
Blogger Unknown shout your mess

You're a big Bandit fan aren't you mate!

September 13, 2008 1:00 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home