27 August, 2009

Icon Speed Cretin

Bike apparel maker Icon are carving out a niche in the states as a funky young bunch. Like quite a few manufacturers they've made a few specials to promote their brand, but they're running against the grain of the current fashion for very clean, considered bikes with a sophisticated finish and doing something a bit more freeform.

It's a breath of fresh air to see their more fun approach to things, click here to see lots of high quality pics of their many bikes, but here are a couple of my faves (click for biggety)

The brilliantly named Speed Cretin looks like more fun than a sack full of monkeys on angel dust, possibly as dangerous too.



The Rockets Dead Glare Reflex makes me want to race through a cyberpunk Shinjuku blasting out PWEI and grinding through sodium lit tunnels.



But my absolute favourite is the Operator, a rough and ready rescued Duke SS900 - when I finally get that job delivering pizza in Mega-City 4 this'll be how I roll...