22 June, 2010

King Ralph

I've always had a soft spot for the Photorealist art movement. I'll admit a certain amount is because 'the picture looks like what it's supposed to' and as much as I loathe the typical knee-jerk philistine (and proud of it) reaction to any hint of conceptualism in art I do love craft as well. By which I mean technique, expertise, mastery of a medium, and what better proof of expertise than verisimilitude? But mostly I think it's down to the subject matter, I've already namechecked Robert Bechtle and this week stumbled upon Ralph Goings' website

www.ralphlgoings.com

Trucks and diners, small town Americana, Airstream trailers and sun bleached cinerama. Lovely lovely lovely.






I've been a fan for years and I guess that comes across in some of my iPhone snaps.

Gun shop, Edmonton AB


Truck, St. Albert AB


Ricky's All Day Grill, St. Albert AB

Labels: ,

0 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Post a Comment

<< Home