17 July, 2006

so narcotic outta sight

After hanging around with the bigger boys, hearing stories about what they'd been up to, I suspected that much of it was locker-room talk, braggadocio if you will but there was still a corrosive doubt that I hadn't 'done it' and let's face it, until you've 'done it' you're a boy amongst men and don't get to have an opinion on the matter.

Well I finally did it, and you know what? A lot of those stories you hear are quite right. I got frustrated and thought I'd never do it, and then it happened. Bam! Sure it was a little uncomfortable, and yes, it was downright scary at first. But once you get over that first time it just gets better and better. It feels natural and right, and you start to wonder how it was so difficult. Is it just a mental thing?

Obviously the scraping sound put me off at first and the smell of burning plastic was a little disconcerting but I couldn't be happier.



I finally got my knee down!

4 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger bigfootcookie shout your mess

Slider baby, YEA!

July 18, 2006 9:33 am

 
Blogger Ghone shout your mess

So, if the truth be known, you fell off?
Eh?

July 19, 2006 9:50 pm

 
Blogger Chris shout your mess

How very dare you sir!

When I fall off I tend to destroy one side of the bike. Far more expensive.

July 20, 2006 7:35 am

 
Blogger Captain Beefheart shout your mess

Congratulations on going down on ..er... with the big boys.

Now just pick that up for me, would you?

July 23, 2006 6:09 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home