03 May, 2007

Fast food

The kitchen area chez driverchris is overdue a makeover, joy unconfined. Spending weekends that I could be on a motorbike in kitchen showrooms, brochures in one hand, offering swatches of formica up to cupboard doors with the other. Kill me now Jeebus.

That is until I came across this bad boy (click for biggety)...


It was in the inimitable words of Wooster as if the scales had fallen from my eyes. There is absolutley no reason why I should go gentle into that good night of boring kitchen design. Rather I should rage, rage against the dying of the light. Thus enthused, I fleshed out my vision.

I'm building a mental picture of interlocking plastic tiled floors, stainless steel worktops and laudable cleanliness.

One of these things instead of a kitchen towel holder. A small red pump-can for applying oils to salads, a neat red snap-on chest for my spatulas and knives, in fact this kitchen pretty much designs itself.

All I need now is to decide which wall Lucy, 24 from Dagenham will gaze down from, benevolently displaying her ample charms.

5 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger BikerMondo shout your mess

Snap-on chest with snap-on kitchen equipment - I love it. I'm sure Brian Sewell would agree that perky birds with saucy smiles are a must. It also gives one the ability to change the ambience of your environs: Natural for retro 70's/80's feel, brazilian to reflect on the 90's or fully waxed for a more contemporary style.

May 03, 2007 11:58 am

 
Blogger Chris shout your mess

For the full ambience I'm planning on leaving some dog-eared copies of Caravan magazines on the dining table, and sucking air over my teeth in a apologetic fashion when presented with a vegetable.

"Oh dear, who sold you this then love? I'm afraid I'll have to charge you for the oil"

May 03, 2007 1:27 pm

 
Blogger Tao shout your mess

You will also be needing one of those water cooler things and a Clix machine.
And don't forget to put the price at over £1 per cup!

May 03, 2007 5:04 pm

 
Blogger Ghone shout your mess

Is there a range that's suitable for shed usage?

May 07, 2007 7:45 pm

 
Blogger Roo shout your mess

I bet I can find it - In fact I may have half a bloody warehouse full of american flatpack crap that I can't shift... Damn!

I meant to say.. I may have some wonderful easy assembly top-notch USA kit taht is flying out of the door (seriously, you don't want this stuff)

But I do know the guy that supplies the F1 kit.. it's beautiful stuff with a daimante price tag attached....dream on.

May 15, 2007 11:17 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home