31 May, 2007

Shotgun

In a genuinely heartwarming story of the redemptive power of petrol vintage cars owned by the Crawford Auto-Aviation Museum are being used as therapy. Nursing home residents, particularly those suffering with dementia are given a ride in some classic iron.

It's reckoned that a drive in an auto hailing from a time when they too were in their pomp will trigger happy memories.

The program is a labor of love for Allan Unrein, director of the museum, and a cadre of volunteers.

"It is a rewarding experience for us and the residents".

I can only hope that when I start losing my faculties they find a suitably bitchin' ride to take me out for a spin in. Can you imagine the kind of memories dredged up by a beige Montego?

2 Step to the white courtesy phone:

Blogger Roo shout your mess

Oh please let me be there, holding the door open on beige Austin Princess...

My dad had one years ago... god it was a horror!

May 31, 2007 2:22 pm

 
Blogger BikerMondo shout your mess

In my dotage I hope I will find myself being chauffeured around in a light blue Renault 4. Happy days.

June 04, 2007 5:07 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home